A science dating back to time immemorial and yet falls prey to ignorance!
It’s indeed ironical to see that in an era where medicine is touching new heights everyday; very few people are aware about the scope of Ayurveda.
Most of us consider this to be a health system where physicians pound herbs and administer them to the patients. However, Ayurveda is much beyond this and can be divided into 8 main branches, which are:
1) KAYACHIKITSA (General Medicine)
2) KAUMARABHRITYA (Pediatrics)
3) GRAHA CHIKITSA (Demenology)
4) SHALAKYA TANTRA (ENT and Ophthalmology)
5) SHALYA TANTRA (Surgery)
6) AGADA TANTRA (Toxicology and Forensic Medicine)
7) RASAYANA (Geriatrics and Rejuvenation)
8) VAJIKARANA (Aphrodisiac Therapy)
Hope this little piece of information was helpful in opening your minds and making this science more acceptable to you.
For more such facts keep looking into our blogs. If you, have any querries you can write back to us or leave a comment and we will make sure to reply back at the earliest.